Fire safety has always held an unassuming nature; yet it yields decimating consequences should it be left unchecked and glaringly overlooked. One of the more well-acclaimed systems in the market, the FM 200 Fire Suppression System is imperative to the safety of any workplace, and proves to be a turning point in the effort towards environmentally responsible solutions.
There are two main facets attached to fire safety – workplace and home. No matter what type of business you conduct at your workplace, safety in all aspects should take priority. We all owe a duty of care and responsibility for the safety of ourselves and of others; it is something that should not be compromised for fear of imperiling those around us.
Learn what you can do to keep your workplace safe and prepared in the event of a fire outbreak.
- Keep your work area free of waste paper, trash or any other items that could potentially catch fire – The littlest steps make the biggest difference, so start small and make conscientious efforts daily to ensure the safety of your surroundings in your work environment.
- Check your electrical cords regularly – With continuous use over time, the condition of electrical cords can rapidly deteriorate, creating a potentially dangerous electric shock or fire hazard. Majority of electrical fires are a result of old or faulty wiring and cords, so be sure to check up on these electrical appliances regularly to prevent the occurrence of such fires.
- Test smoke alarms every month – It is easy to overlook “stale” and virtually untouched equipment – though for something concerning safety, it would be wise not to compromise such. Conduct regular tests to ensure the necessary equipment is in prime working condition. If the batteries to the smoke alarms are not functioning, be sure to replace them.
- Fire safety training for all employees – Some of the most invaluable courses you can equip both yourself and your subordinates with is that of fire safety training. Knowing where the emergency exits are and how to evacuate in an orderly manner is key in executing a successful and efficient fire emergency escape.
- Keep a ready supply of fire extinguishers close by, or better yet a fire suppression system – Associations strongly encourage workplaces to hold at least a few fire extinguishers in a designated compound. The potential for fire extinguishers to snuff out small-scale or early detected fires cannot be understated. However, for compounds such as offices, telecommunication facilities or control rooms, the traditional fire extinguishers just might not cut it. Owing to the operation of the fire extinguishers, residual remnants would be left behind after the fire is put out – which admittedly, is not ideal for spaces housing electrical equipment and key documents.
Here, the FM 200 Fire Suppression System is the most suitable agent for routinely occupied spaces such as offices or the general workplace. It is a revolutionary quick-response, waterless protection system that employs the use of a synthetic fire suppression gas to put out the fire by eliminating heat elements and free radicals.